State Council of Educational Research and Training, U.P.
State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT), Uttar Pradesh was established in 1981 for development of curriculum and textbooks for school education in the State, teacher's training, educational evaluation, educational research and innovation in teaching & learning. Main functions of SCERT, UP are
- Organizing in-service and pre-service training programmes for elementary teachers.
- Developing syllabus, text books, teacher's guide and other useful materials for primary & upper primary classes.
- Conducting researches, surveys and innovative programmes.
- Capacity building of teacher educators and educational administrators.
- Organizing Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) in State.
- Granting affiliation to private institutes (recognised by NCTE) for running BTC / NTT course.